According to the guidelines set out in the Statutory Framework ‘ medicines must not usually be administered unless they have been prescribed for that child by a doctor,dentist, nurse or pharmacist.'
- No medicines will be given to children in school. If a child is ill enough to be needing a course of medicine, he/she should normally be at home.
- However as we seek to work in partnership with parents for the well being of the child, we have decided to administer calpol/Adol that the nursery would provide. This is primarily to stop the child's condition worsening as we wait for the parent to collect the child. A call will be made to the parent before the medicine is given and you will be asked to collect your child within the hour of the call. A medication Book will be filled by the Nursery which the parent will be asked to sign on collection of the child. Prior to this a calpol/Adol administration consent form will need to be signed and placed in the child's file.
- A written record will be kept of all medication administered.
- Please inform us through sms/phone call by the beginning of the school day if your child will be absent for that day or for a period of time due to illness.
- Local Authority regulations state that parents/carers are required to give the following information to the Nursery: name, address and date of birth of each child; name, home address and place of work with respective telephone numbers of the parents/carers of each child (we ask that a copy of the parent/carers current timetable should be left with the nursery to ensure that contact can be made in an emergency); name, address and telephone number of each child's doctor and the state of immunisation and infectious diseases suffered by each child. From time to time this information will have to be updated and parents would be requested to supply us with these information.
-The parent has to submit a copy of the child’s vaccination record to the nursery.
- These guidelines have been prepared for the guidance of both parents and staff .
- Staff are expected to observe the above guidelines and failure to do so would lead to disciplinary action.